If you’ve ever been tasked with taking care of toddlers, you’ll agree that managing their needs is a tall order. It gets worse when you’re traveling together!
However, it’s not all gloomy for parents since there are excellent life hacks that you can implement to make your journey with toddlers/children bearable. This article highlights some of the most implementable tips.
12 Tips of a Hassle-Free Journey with Toddlers and Children
- Always Pack Enough Snacks and Fluids. If you fail to keep your baby hydrated, you’re likely to face unbearable stubbornness. Also, you should pack nonperishable foods to guarantee their satiety
- If Travelling by Plane, Book a Seat with Bassinet Connection. If you want to avoid any hassle, you’re obliged to ensure that your baby is comfortable. Booking a seat with bassinet connection will undoubtedly be a plus for you
- Carry Enough Clothing and Diaper. A baby with soiled diapers and wet clothes will express their dissatisfaction through crying. If you fail to change their diapers frequently, then you’d rather forget about a peaceful journey
- Carry Your Child’s Favourite Items. What does your child enjoy doing while in the house? You should try as much as you can to transfer their ideal environment to the vehicle/plane. Always carry their favorite bedding, clothes, and toys
- Pull Down the Shades. Too much light/ sunlight can create discomfort among toddlers. As such, you should shield them from excessive lighting
- Carry Wrapped Game Tools. If your child loves playing games, you may consider wrapping some of the game tools and carrying them with you. This will keep them busy throughout the journey and you’ll get into your destination even before you notice their presence!
- Encourage Them to Learn About Your Destination. Children are always curious. As such, you should encourage your child to research facts about your destination. Let them suggest areas you should visit. This way, they will be anxious throughout the journey
- Avoid Long Trips. Unless crucial, you should avoid trips that last more than 6 hours! The longer you take on a journey, the easier it will be for the children to get bored. If you have to travel for long, ensure that you have stopovers along the way
- Travel During Your Child’s Sleeping Time. There is no peaceful journey than when your toddler is sleeping
- Always Sit Next to Your Child. Any child will feel secure when their parents are around. As such, you should always seat in a place where your child can access you easily
- Have a Collection of Your Child’s Favourite Music. The majority of children love music. To keep them calm, you should have a soothing playlist. Also, ensure that you sing together to entertain them throughout the journey
- Carry Electronic Gadgets and Portable Chargers. Always ensure that you’re reachable throughout the journey. It’s a crucial safety measure for your child. Additionally, the child can use your tablet or phone to keep themselves busy with digital games!
When traveling with a toddler, you should be prepared to shift the home’s environment to your car, plane, or train. Incorporate as many fun activities as you can and you’ll certainly experience a peaceful journey.